We follow Jesus better when we follow him together. But sometimes, it’s good to go on a solo quest or play on single player mode. Even Jesus spent time away from the crowds, even away from his own Twelve, to focus on conversation and prayer with his Father.
Sometimes the Spirit will lead you into the wilderness. And sometimes it’s good just to get away. It’s always important to stay connected to other followers who can point you to Jesus and his love for you. And once in a while, it’s good to be in the presence of the Most High all by yourself …
- A New WalkGod used something I started doing for a completely non-spiritual reason and flipped it into an invitation to notice God’s creation with new eyes and delight in my Creator.
- Living with Loose EndsLife sometimes feels unfinished; and Jesus is present at those times, too.
- Small ConversationsKeeping your eyes peeled for God’s Word in your week will make you more likely to see God’s Word active in your life outside of Sunday morning.
- Empowered to HearAn uncle’s blessing at a traditional Quinceañera becomes a chance to reflect on our dependence on the Spirit even to hear and receive God’s promises.
- Gifts Wrapped in DarknessGod, it seems, has a habit of wrapping good gifts in darkness; of making unique blessings available in, with, and under a sometimes frightening experience of the unknown.