We follow Jesus better when we follow him together. But sometimes, it’s good to go on a solo quest or play on single player mode. Even Jesus spent time away from the crowds, even away from his own Twelve, to focus on conversation and prayer with his Father.
Sometimes the Spirit will lead you into the wilderness. And sometimes it’s good just to get away. It’s always important to stay connected to other followers who can point you to Jesus and his love for you. And once in a while, it’s good to be in the presence of the Most High all by yourself …
- Come, Thou Fount of Every BlessingEpisode 10 features guest Pastor Matt Hein, who holds advanced degrees in theology and geology, as we look at “Ebenezer,” the Stone of Help from the hymn, “Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing.”
- Rock of Help Video TutorialBy Valerie Matyas Each chapter of Ponder Anew: A Hymn Journal for Trust and Confidence includes an experiment of some sort to help you take a small next step in following Jesus. Some of the experiments focus on faith, while others focus on prayer. No matter the focus, the invitation to spend time with Jesus pondering and meditating remains the same. Continue reading “Rock of Help Video Tutorial”
- A Fresh Start, Every DayBy Kris Bruun I am a CASA (court-appointed special advocate). I work with a pre-teen who just turned twelve. She’s been in the system since she was 8. She just transitioned to a new foster home, and when the family went to church for the first time, she said, “I want to be baptized again.” I was with her for herContinue reading “A Fresh Start, Every Day”
- What Do I Know About Rest?By Katie Helmreich Back in the midst of distance learning and acclimating to the idea that everything could be suddenly shut down, I spent every spare minute to work out my plan for my illustrations in the Ponder Anew Hymn Journal. I chose to illustrate “Come Unto Me, Ye Weary” early on. But I hit a wall when I tried toContinue reading “What Do I Know About Rest?”
- God Delights in PlayEditor’s Note: this blog is an excerpt from Delight!–Discipleship as the Adventure of Loving and Being Loved by Justin Rossow, scheduled to be published by Next Step Press in the fall of 2020. If you would like to receive an email when Delight! is available, please join the Next Step Press email list. By Justin Rossow God delights in your work.Continue reading “God Delights in Play”