This Dust

The Next Step Podcast
Season 1: When from Death I’m Free
Episode 10: “This Dust”
Date: 15 April 2020
Guests: Brendan Knorp, Concordia, Kirkwood and singer/songwriter Kip Fox

Also available on: Apple PodcastsGoogle PodcastsSpotifyPandora, and Amazon Music.

Beginning on page 97, chapter 10 of When from Death I’m Free hymn journal for Holy Week covers the Kip Fox song, “This Dust.” Special guest Brendan Knorp talks about his role in putting together the music for the hymn journal, and then Justin and Brendan read Scripture together and talk about the importance of Paul’s profession of faith in the bodily resurrection of Jesus.

Their conversation includes the devotion for chapter 10 as well as a discussion of the music and lyrics of “This Dust.” Justin welcomes the songwriter back to the podcast to talk about some of Kip’s word choices and how he wrote the song to begin with.

After listening to the song “This Dust” [words and music by Kip Fox, (c) 2011 Puffy Bear Music, used by permission] from start to finish, Brendan and Justin sign off with a conversation about what next step Jesus is inviting them each into this week.

During the interview, Brendan references the community that gathered around Concordia’s Easter worship online. You can see one of their songs here.

Justin referenced the book The Lord Jesus Christ: Devotion to Jesus in Earliest Christianity as well as this Easter sermon from Easter 2013 that weaves the lyrics of This Dust into the message.

You can also find more music from Kip Fox at kipfox.com.

We follow Jesus better when we follow Him together, so we invite you to join the Social Learning group sharing this hymn journal experience here: When From Death I’m Free Facebook Social Learning Group.

Join the Next Step Press team by providing regular, monthly support for content like this podcast: become a patron today.

We help you take a next step.

1 Comment

Leave a Reply